Geothermal Services in Las Vegas, NV and Surrounding Areas
Living in the Las Vegas area, including North Las Vegas, Henderson, Boulder City and Paradise, means dealing with scorching summer heat. Maximizing cooling efficiency is vital, and one of the most efficient options on the market today is a geothermal HVAC system. At Sun Country Heating & Cooling, we’re proud to be your local experts for everything related to geothermal HVAC.
How Geothermal Heating and Cooling Systems Work
Much like an air-source heat pump, a geothermal heat pump uses a reversible cooling cycle to pump heat into your home during the winter and out of your home during the summer. Standard heat pumps, however, can lose energy efficiency when the outside temperature is especially hot or cold, since they depend on exchanging heat with the outdoor air. Geothermal heat pumps offer unmatched energy efficiency because they take advantage of the stable temperatures found under the surface of the Earth.
Types of Geothermal Systems
A geothermal heating and cooling system consists of above-ground components and an underground loop. Typically, geothermal systems are classified according to the type of underground loop. There are three commonly used configurations:
- Horizontal loops are buried shallow underground and require a significant surface area to install. These systems are less expensive to install, but they also provide somewhat less efficient climate control because the loop can be somewhat affected by fluctuations in the air temperature. Horizontal loops are usually preferred for residential use.
- Vertical loops are buried deep underground and require only a little surface area, making them ideal for commercial applications in urban settings. Vertical loops are fairly expensive to install because they require a lot of excavation, but they’re also highly efficient.
- Water-source loops take advantage of a pond or another water feature on your property. They’re potentially the most efficient of all, depending on the depth of the water.
Regardless of the configuration, all geothermal heating and cooling systems offer exceptional energy efficiency and extreme durability. The above-ground components will last you about 25 years with only minimal maintenance needed, and the underground loop will last 50 years or more.
Going Geothermal with Sun Country Heating & Cooling
A geothermal system is a major investment, and you need to make absolutely sure that your HVAC contractor is honest and reliable. Here’s why you can trust our team to take care of your geothermal installation project:
- NATE-certified comfort advisors
- Family-owned and operated business
- Trane Comfort Specialist
- 100-percent satisfaction guaranteed
- Flat-rate pricing
Geothermal cooling and heating may be the key to cutting your energy bills for many years to come and increasing the value of your home. To learn more about going geothermal or to schedule your service, give Sun Country Heating & Cooling a call or contact us online today.