Geothermal HVAC systems provide superior energy efficiency and increased comfort for families and businesses in Las Vegas. These innovative systems can help you keep your cool even when temperatures climb to triple digits this summer. Here are some of the most important facts to keep in mind when considering an upgrade to a geothermal HVAC system:
How Do Geothermal Systems Work?
Geothermal HVAC systems work on the same principles as most heat pumps. However, instead of using air as the medium for exchanging heat, geothermal systems rely on the steady temperatures found 10 to 15 feet underground.
These systems transfer heat from inside your home to liquid that then passes through a long looping pipe. During this journey, the water cools down to the ambient temperature of the ground between 55 and 60 degrees. This allows more efficient dispersal of heat energy and helps to keep your home comfortable all year.
Types of Geothermal Systems
Geothermal HVAC systems are usually categorized according to the type of loop system they use to transfer heat from inside your home to the outside.
- Vertical closed-loop systems are good choices for areas with limited horizontal space for installation. Rather than running horizontally, the pipes used to form the loop run vertically for hundreds of feet into the ground.
- Horizontal closed-loop systems are the most traditional type of geothermal system and require a relatively large area of ground for installation.
- Open-loop systems require access to a plentiful source of water like a well, pond, stream or lake. This water is drawn into pipes and used to transfer heat from indoor air before being released back into the original water source. These options are not available to all homeowners and may be restricted due to water regulations in some areas.
Your local HVAC company can offer several options for your new geothermal HVAC installation, including:
- Packaged geothermal systems offer all-in-one performance to streamline installation and ensure the best use of indoor space.
- Split geothermal HVAC systems work with traditional air handlers or furnaces to ensure the highest degree of comfort throughout the year.
- Water-to-water geothermal systems offer superior energy efficiency and exceptionally quiet operation.
By opting for these technologically advanced systems, you can reduce your cooling bill. You’ll also ensure the most comfortable indoor temperatures.
Benefits of Geothermal HVAC Systems
Geothermal HVAC solutions offer important benefits for homeowners and property managers in the Las Vegas area:
- These systems are green friendly and energy efficient. As a result, they allow you to reduce your impact on the environment while keeping things cool at home or in the office.
- Improved efficiency can translate directly into lower heating and cooling bills. As a result, you’ll save money over the life of the system.
- Geothermal systems can increase the value of your home. They can even serve as a selling point to help your property stand out from the crowd when it’s time to sell.
- These systems offer greater longevity than most traditional HVAC options. As a result, they allow you to recoup your installation costs over a longer period of time.
By upgrading to these advanced heating and cooling solutions, you can enjoy absolute comfort while saving money on your utility bills year after year. It’s the ultimate HVAC solution for homeowners in Las Vegas.
At Sun Country Heating & Cooling, we specialize in providing customized solutions tailor-made for our commercial and residential customers. We’re a Trane Comfort Specialist with proven experience in providing the right solutions for the Las Vegas area.
To learn more about our geothermal HVAC systems, call us today at 702-534-3375 to schedule an appointment with our expert service technicians. We’re available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to serve you better. We’re here to help you maximize efficiency and comfort.